1. My graduation diploma will only arrive in September. Am I eligible to apply for admission?

Yes, you are. During the application process you will be asked to create a student account via our website and you will be able to update and amend it at all times which means you will be able to change the attached documents or add new ones. You will also be asked to fill in and attach a declaration form to your application. This will allow you to receive a conditional offer and submit the graduation diploma once you have received it.

2. Can I pay the tuition fee in instalments?

Unfortunately it is not possible to pay the tuition fee in instalments for the first year of your study. Tuition fee for the first year must be transferred to the University’s account in total. The confirmation of payment is required by the Polish Consulate in the visa process.

3. Do I have to know Polish language to study at the University of Wroclaw?

You have to know the Polish language only if you apply for studies held in Polish. The University of Wroclaw offers numerous programmes which are available in the English language. To apply for these programmes the knowledge of Polish is not required.

4. When does the academic year start?

In Poland the Academic year begins on the 1st of October. However, we would like to encourage you to arrive at least two weeks earlier and take part in the Orientation Week held especially for the International Students. Detailed information can be found on our website and also will be sent to you by e-mail.
5. Does the University offer accommodation for International Students?

Yes, we ensure a place for you in one of our dorms. You just have to choose this option during the online application procedure.

6. How do I apply for a place in the dormitory?

If you are a first year student we will book a place for you in the dormitory on your behalf. All you have to do is choose this option during the online application process and wait for the confirmation in which dorm you received a place. This information will be sent to you two weeks before your arrival.

Remember that in the next years of your study you have to apply for the dorm yourself in the Students Services Department.

7. What is a Medical Certificate?

Medical Certificate it is simply a statement that a student is healthy and can study at the University. It can be obtained from your family doctor. It is not required to do any medical tests in order to receive the Certificate.

8. What level of English is required during admission?

There are several tests recognised by the University of Wroclaw in the admission process. Please find detailed information on our website: https://international.uni.wroc.pl/en/study-english/entry-requirements/english-language-requirements.

9. Is legalisation of my documents required? How can this be done?

The legalisation of documents is a requirement. There are two possible forms of legalisation: legalisation by the Apostille or Consular legalisation. If your country is a party to the Hague Convention you should provide the Apostille. Please check the details on: https://international.uni.wroc.pl/en/study-english/entry-requirements/english-language-requirements

10. What should I do to receive the Polish visa?

You should apply for a visa at the nearest Polish Embassy. There is an on-line application system available for everyone wishing to apply. Information about registration as well as the list of required documents can be found on an appropriate Embassy website.